Translate

Monday 3 March 2008

Fairport Convention - English?

So there I was on a Friday night watching Fairport Convention when I thought it must be the support band. Rock and roll has changed since I was a youth, you used to turn up and just when you thought that it was time to go the support band would go on. Finally, after a very long wait the main act would go on perhaps to just keep you waiting on the assumption that making people wait would somehow get them in the mood. I think Miles Davis said that it was better to slightly under-do something and leave the audience wanting just a little more

Outraged by the fact that Fairport actually went on stage on time (as if what goes on in the rest of the world doesn’t actually relate to them) I have since recovered. This is due to the fact that the shots of them are alright, see the link to 'myspace things....' top right or 'flickr'.

No comments: