Translate

Saturday 10 April 2010

Arun Ghosh - Rush Hour Blues, 9th April 2010.

Sitting at the back of Rush Hour Blues running through a few notes I'd made on my photographic exploits over the last twenty five years did leave me feeling the need to be a bit more disciplined. I hadn't really been ruthless in any respects photographically speaking and not really made any progress beyond reasonable amateur status - there has been something a bit lacking in the images I'd worked on.

Perhaps the same could be said of the shots of Arun Ghosh that are on flickr. There are a few which work reasonably well but there's a characteristic lack of real edge in some of them which I should leave out of the set. A couple of weak pop art styled shots that were only included because I thought they'd off-set the rest reasonably well work okay but when I'm working on sixty or seventy shots from an event I guess I have my excuses for not getting every single shot up to standard.

The set that was played by Arun's band was really enthralling and went down well with the crowd. He was a likeable front man who drew the best out of the band. The influences he drew together included the melodies of traditional Indian folk music within Jazz themed structures and styles. There was perhaps a need for some similarly styled Indian Folk/ Jazz vocals to compliment the sounds but the instrumentals alone were entertaining enough to keep me absorbed for the full length of the set.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT KIND OF PHOTOGROPHY ARE YOU IN TO?

SteveW said...

Social documentary, photo-essay, photo-journalism rather than glamour, advertising, nude photography - I like photographs which capture a moment and have some value as historical artefacts which is really what social documentary photography is all about I guess.

Baltimore Nightlife said...

wow. Talented Guy! Nice blend of jazz and indian music.

Top Music Charts said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. Thanks a bunch for sharing such an informative post with us.