Translate

Saturday 7 August 2010

By 'Ec: The high life at Solihull Moors

I've always hated paparazzi scum snatching shots of famous people, annoying the innocent and just getting in the way of reasonable people relaxing. Then I saw Alex McLeish standing around in the Directors area of Solihull Moors and couldn't resist grabbing a shot of the great man who has done so much with Blues in such a short space of time.

On the subject of Blues, I didn't think I'd want to return the ground following the riots in the mid-1980s that resulted in the death of a teenager who was much the same age as myself but following the many spirited, resiliant and convincing displays early in the season I returned to St. Andrew's last season to see a few games. Watching the Tottenham faithful silenced by a 90th minute equaliser was funny but, they were without a doubt the most orchestrated and noisy away fanes I heard. Beating Wolves was quite lucky with them having the bulk of the play but Blues almost effortlessly at times soaking up all of the pressure without breaking into a sweat. I didn't expect to see Solihull Moors beating a Birmingham City side but as the team was largely made up of the youth academy it was understandable. Moors wanted the victory and the Blues team seemed very much without the necessary will to win. It was showcase football quite often with Blues playing some great passing moves and both sides attacked and defended with vigor. Shots of the photoessay of the game are here should you want to take a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,

I very much appreciate this blog, I'll be back soon!
Tell me what you think about my theories regarding hypnosis.