Translate

Friday 11 January 2008

Well, ho hum - academia - is it really that worthwhile? I don't know if I did assemble any skills beyond those that have survived the last few years worth of work. I can't state at the moment - assessing ones' own skills isn't something that British people are great at - I do think I am skilled but it is such a catch all phrase for attributing an ability to a person which is largely determined by being in a particular situation that means the skill is of value. Do I downgrade skills unnecessarily?

So what skills will I decide I have after completing an academic review? Will an academic review produce anything in terms of what process I'd need to go through to re-establish skills? I can't say at this point - go through the review and then see what happens.

At this stage I don' know what skill base will I have established? Who can say..? What are critical and analytical skills at the best of time?

No comments: