Translate

Monday 21 April 2008

Puerto Escondido

Have been here for a couple of days and things have gone quite well. The beach is pretty small and though there´s plenty of surf and things to do I´m afraid I´ve tended to sit in cafes all day long and not really do very much. This has been a pretty good place to stay and I´ve felt generally very safe here. It´s very different in terms of it´s atmosphere to Mexico city but it is a very small town.

Off to San Cristobal tonight and I don´t know if there is anything that I can say about the thought of being on a bus for 13 and 1/2 hours over night. Have done it once to many times for this to become a very appealling thing to do. It´s all very much a bit of shock to be here still despite having been away before in similar places. Can´t say that I think this is very different to many places I´ve been to on the coast before. Small town, largely laid out for the purposes of tourism and rightly so to a large degree. The locals have been very friendly and there seems to be a very big scene for Mexican tourists as much as anything.

San Cristobal I assume will be similar to Oaxaca in that it´s a colonial town with a contemporary tourist scene. I await confirmation of this in the morning....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.