Translate

Tuesday 14 October 2008

The end is in sight.

I'm currently lounging around in a hostel that I've had a little de ja vu in, this non-paranormal experience does make me feel very much as if I should be here. I did only want to spend two days here but that could easily change to four if not longer. It will be nice to get out tomorrow on the bike that I've hired - the walk to Barberino along the Poggibonsi road was really quite nice and it didn't seem to matter that I've had dreams about the location some time before. The multicoloured pathway to Barberino has featured in a dream or two but that's going back several years now. It was nice to have walked to Poggibonsi, but I feel very much worn out as a result of the experience. Everyone in the shops has been helpful to a large extent and this has resulted in the overall experience being what I can class as rejuvinating. I do feel generally happier here than I have done for several years now and while there is no doubt a veneer for the tourists and life here probably has a very unpleasant side I guess that I'm going to be content to enjoy time here rather than get depressed by the politics of the tourist dominated life.

There hasn't been the call from the agency inviting me back to the UK leaving me knowing that I'll have work there upon my return, however, I've had just a little in the way of communication. I can of course check emails through the wireless system in the hostel with my usually reliable laptop. It feels genuinely like a holiday here and the lack of responsibility that I feel towards the space here, knowing full well that it's virtually all the responsibility of others to maintain the nation leaves me feeling very relaxed. Not having great reason to return does leave me feeling a little bereft of meaning in the UK but I guess that it's frequently been like that for me.

In the meantime, I've got a few decent shots of theTuscan Hillsides in amongst the duff shots that I've included. They're still worth taking a look at.

No comments: