Translate

Monday 27 October 2008

Night of open mike....


Well, I wanted to get to more gigs this year and in some respects it wasn't bad to see a band who were just starting off on the live scene - I don't doubt everyone there wanted to offer just a little advice but on an open mike night it's about people getting up infront of a crowd in order to have an experience which is going to lead to them improving.

I took over a hundred shots of the band at Tom's Tower of Song and they're on flickr through the link. The shots aren't great and as a venue, it was quite difficult to get decent shots - if I take any there I'll have to get the artists to pose rather than just grab the shots from the back as anonymously as I can - this means that a lot of 'the reality of the situation' is generally lost but it's more important that the photographs actually show what they're meant to be showing. I hope the band have got a future together and they perform more frequently... It's a small intimate venue and a good place for budding artists to get their acts together - why don't more teenagers do this type of thing?

No comments: