Translate

Saturday 13 September 2008

Storming success of the Corbett Quartet...

The shots I took of the Bryan Corbett Quartet are online - some are okay. I don't think I've taken a whole series of shots of a gig and never got one of the bass player with his eyes open. Maybe he sleepwalked to the gig....

There are also shots of the old haunts in Manchester, so much to answer for. They're mostly shots of architechture. Lots has changed in the city centre and in Withington, an area where I used to live. Withington has just lost it's ancient cinema which didn't sadden me but it's not great to see these types of buildings go anywhere in the country. They win in Manchester with the Restoration funds and then lose other buildings which I guess is the name of the game. All the old people's home on the Wilmslow Road are now converted to fun pubs, I guess that the north of England is not going to be a popular place to retire and go into a nursing home with the likes of Harold Shipman knocking around. Here's to fun pubs anyway...

No comments: