Translate

Tuesday 30 September 2008

Back from Haworth

Inspired now to almost complete reading a Bronte novel after seeing the family home and the village the girls grew up in. I shouldn't forget Branwell, the son who drank himself to death more or less - sad family tale in many respects. The two eldest daughters didn't make it into their teens and all of the one's who did were dead before they were fifty. The father of the family Patrick Brunty, who wisely changed his name to Bronte, outlived his six children which I think is a pretty sad state of affairs. They may have achieved but I'd rather live longer and achieve nothing with my life - which I think is the deal that God has offered me. I liked the walk up to wuthering heights a great deal - for scenery I generally don't think anywhere compares to Dartmoor on the whole, but Haworth does.

I had a little de ja vu in the YHA as well. The places that I have had dreams of before going there, for instance, Antigua in Guatemala, Xela in Guatemala now include Haworth YHA. I assume what has taken place is that someone has shown me footage of the interior of the building and this has taken place during one of the memory blanks that I've had. I assume again use of a memory inhibitor, or something that could strongly influence state dependent memory was used. I don't think for a second that dreams are a reflection of the subconscious - I think they're created by the manipulation of the individual using measures such as these - ho, hum, I do tend to go on about such things. To me there's adequate information in this paragraph for someone to totally shift the thinking that has led to Freud's or other psychodynamic theoreticians work but I've got to try to get a job in a call centre in the next few days.

No comments: