Translate

Saturday 26 July 2008

Barnt Green - place of salvation


At the end of week two without a job I find myself meeting up with an old friend and going for a drink in Barnt Green. I don't know why I wanted to get to Barnt Green, I guess it's the type of place you go if you have a life of some form or other and you have not been a total failure in everything you've attempted. It's nice to hang out in those types of places and pretend that you're one of the successful ones. I guess much of city living is based around doing this sort of thing.

Have done all sorts of crap to my car since it has been MOT'ed which is something I am not used to doing. I kind of like dropping the car off and getting someone else to do the work - Haynes manuals just don't hit the spot to me in any respects what so ever.

Tomorrow, a swim and some preparation for the interviews I have on Monday. I've been meaning to get through a guide on how to approach interviews since I was about eighteen, should have read one when I was finishing my degree an I guess that I should have read a few by the time I had finished my MSc. Ever wanted a career in banking?

The image, a man who has a job in Goa, even if it is attending to his little flock.

No comments: