Translate

Friday 18 July 2008

Oh bugger - commuter jazz

Well, I didn't have a camera this evening but I did manage to get to commuter jazz and watch most of the performance which to me was really just sweet music. I love the loud crazy atmosphere of the flamenco styled dancers and I just love the overall feel of the really quite amazing strumming and picking of flamenco guitar. It tends to be better when it's played in a manner of UK folk because a degree of earthyness, rhythm and depth that adds so much. Watching the hand movements of the flamenco dancer was really quite delightful when I think about the flickering movements of the guitar players with that as some form of visual harmony, as dance maybe should be. Life is sweet sometimes. It's a shame that it's not every day that I really feel that release. Tonight did kind of feel quite special but I didn't really think that I was going to feel that good about getting back to Birmingham and seeing the communter jazz business. The music alone was really quite special.

I don't feel that great about the weekend and the thought of protecting my car form rust and dealing with all the other things that I have to deal with but I must get on with the mundane in order to have some form of freedom from it. Once it's out of the way, it's done. Other Brummie sayings tend to leave me feeling that much better, I can't really say.

No comments: