Translate

Wednesday 2 July 2008

Made it to Granada.

This place is very cool as cities go - it certainly does feel steeped in history. Haven't managed to take shots yet, that is tomorrow as is a trip to La Isla De Ometempe. Shots are online now of Leon, the shots of the journey to Leon from Esteli and a few shots of Managua to Granada. I didn't stay in the capital city for long - like the other Central American capitals there's a slightly higher crime rate than elsewhere in the country and I don't like the idea of having a knife stuck in me too much.

Shot above is of a very nice lady who was selling ciggies in the bus station in Managua which was not the best turned out bus station I've ever seen. I don't know if the shots of the toilet that I tried to get were refused on the right grounds but the toilet really was a bit of class. It was quite the most shocking of sights and the toilet attendant started arguing with me because he seemed to think it was too political an act. I'm sure there are other toilet photographers who are subject to such restriction - I recall a few in China. I missed out on all those quality shots. It's difficult to really define art adequately in this context - so watch this again.

No comments: