Translate

Monday 11 August 2008

Commuter Jazz shots from March 2008.

Finally, as if it really mattered in any way, I've put up some shots of the gig that Percy's bandplayed at Commuter Jazz in March of this year. In the digital age it's nice to be able to get to a gig and then get home do a little work on some shots in the digital darkroom, or on your PC at a gig - and get some shots online within minutes of the gig finishing. These took me around six months to deal with and as per usual I've not done a huge amount with them. I haven't had any real luck with jazz as a photographer - everything I've attempted has tended to flop somewhat. I can't state what the reasons for this were but I've got a real tendency to find the jazz artist as a more difficult subject matter than the rock or other performer. Wish I could explain why in detail but I guess I'll just rest content when shots do go well. One day some decent shots of Fat Chops....

No comments: