Translate

Monday 25 August 2008

Commuter Jazz - shots from September 2007


The shots of Bryan Corbett's band playing at Rush Hour Blues are what I can call okay in the form of a photo-essay. It's not what I call that good a piece of work but some of the images are quite pleasing.

There are some other shots that have gone online that are from the family album from years ago. Most of them were taken by my mother who seemed quite frequently to place the subjects of the image, usually my three brothers and myself in one quarter of the shot leaving much of it relatively empty. I assume this was for some form of artistic impression - on reflection, as there were four of us, this appears to work relatively well. Some of the shots have been over sharpened and saturated to give a sense of the impressionist influence that she may have been using. Otherwise they're a stronly discoloured set of images which may reflect much of the fashion and style of the era they were taken, the mid to late 1970s.

There are some shots of the Parkes family online now as well as the very ancient Victorian style family shots including the one above. It would be interesting to get some of my surviving relatives together to try and work out who's who but that's another job for another day.

No comments: