Translate

Tuesday 20 May 2008

Antigua Thunderstorm.

Up late this morning. Saw Corrie and didn't get any verbal for not having made it to the lunchtime date that we had on Saturday. Managed to do okay in the Spanish lesson and found out a little more about my teacher's hobby of refereeing local non-league games. He said he had a good game largely because he had no problems refereeing it with difficult or contested decisions, rather than because the football was good. Mind you one of the referees in the same league had a gun pulled on him once for showing a red card. I don't know if things are comparable in the UK with the one non-league referee having a player who'd just been sent off drive his work van on the pitch and try and run the referee over during the game - let's face it we're just the same as them - only we don't have guns. Some of the phrases I learnt were suitable for singing at football matches - "Sus burros son viejo" sung to 'Go west' might catch on - it means 'your donkeys are getting old'. Maybe the gunners will sing it to Tony Adams when Arsenal play Pompey next.

Today there was thunder and lightning. It was pretty spectacular. Took a few shots and again when I got home I realised that they looked a lot like Peter Bardell's. Wish he would contact me and get the stuff on a website so I don't copy. Tomorrow, I have a salsa class in the afternoon and I would hope that I don't get overaroused if I dance with this American woman. I should be so lucky....

No comments: