Translate

Monday 26 May 2008

Lazy day in Antigua.

Whoops! Slipped into student mode and done nothing of any note today. It was quite tricky getting over my hangover, very hard work sometimes. I finally managed to get a few shots on my flickr photostream of Andy Hamilton and the Blue Notes at Symphony Hall Foyer on the 15th December 2007. It was a good gig as far as I can recall. I had a quick look at Garry Corbett's flickr site and it was good to see some shots of the gigs I've missed since I have been in central America. I did hope that there would be someone else or a few other people who would try to document some of the gigs at the Commuter Jazz after I started doing it back in 2005. While I've been doing it for longer Garry has really done well at producing very clear, crisp professional images that do a lot of justice to the performers. The images I was producing did tend to make them look a little taxed and sometimes a little out of place but I think they captured something of the gigs that most people may overlook. The shots I have of the Birmingham Jazz Festival from 2005 do make me feel a little nostalgic especially when I think of the gig at House of Frazer when the Paul Sawtell Quartet played in Knickers, Bras and Haberdashery. That was the section of House of Fraser they were in, not what they were wearing, should you have wondered exactly how liberal the midlands jazz scene is. I plan on reworking some of the negatives from the summer 2005 gigs one day though I can't imagine that this is going to be that near in the future the way things are going.

Having said all that I did manage to get some shots of the trip to Flores, Guatemala online at Flores Lagoon. The shots are passable but really nothing to blog about.

I'll make some attempt to photograph one or two of the live bands here in Guatemala and who knows maybe Levi French, Brian Connolly, Steve Ajao and others may find this enough of a link to play gigs here in Antigua one day in the future.

No comments: