Translate

Saturday 24 May 2008

Into Lodgings and out of Ummagumma

So I've done a bunk from the 'trainspotting' hostel and finally made it into lodgings with a family for the next week. I'm in a house with three women and a small boy. I don't know if they're into women's lib but it wouldn't surprise me. There are four generations in the one house. One widow, the grandmother; a divorcee, the mother; and her daughter, the mother of the baby boy. They're a really nice bunch, the deceased father of the divorcee was a diplomat and spoke ten languages - the daughter who is rents the house for her family to live in speaks only about four. Tomorrow they cease speaking English to me - so presumably I'll have to use what ever Spanish I can muster to get by from now on.

The shot left is of the woman who collared me for the funds for the room I was staying in in Hostel Ummagumma. Very nice though she was to take a shot or two of, I do seem to find that it's better to take shots candidly rather than ask them to model directly (and after asking if it's okay to keep the shots). This is what happened with the woman whose profile I have used in the shots taken in Parque Central in the slide show 'Antigua Sunshine'. Models really to know how to act and unfortunately most people do tend to freeze up when they're asked if they mind a few photographs being taken. The shots I took today I think have echoes of Bardell about them but I don't know. They seem familiar to me especially 'drawing' in Antigua Sunshine. Try as I might to do something just a little different, I can't remember what Peter took until I get home and then I recall more shots from those he showed as SBPS. Ho hum!

Again I hit youtube last night after hours of trying to improve my Spanish vocabulary. It may be really sad and I may be missing out on a lot but I guess that I can't really do very much else other than try to get back to normal after years of feeling less than 100%. There was one of many small turning points last night when my base mood improved very suddenly. I think it was connected to moving out of the Hostel and into the family home that I'm now in - it may be connected to anything I guess but at present I'm just glad that things are improving. It seems a little ironic that I then find the improvement in my mood is stabilised further by checking out a bit of Hancock online, for instance the shows that he did in Australia which I don't think is that easy to get hold of in the UK. Watching the television play about Hancock's last weeks in the UK did make me wonder if he was the man behind the rock bands of the late 1960's chucking television sets out of hotel bedroom windows. It's more 'Hancock' than 'Keith Moon' to do things like that, surely the rebel should get more credit than he has received?

No comments: