Translate

Sunday 1 June 2008

Pickpocketted when I least expected it...


Well, after leaving Antigua at 12 today I thought I had said my goodbyes and was unlikely to return to the place even though I don't think that I can imagine returning here again, I am back. I caught the bus to the connecting town of Chetaltemango and as I was getting off the bus I needed to put my bag behind me, a shoulder bag, and I had my wallet in it for the few seconds it took to get off the bus. When I'd got through the crowd and off the bus I checked for my wallet and it wasn't in the bag. This led to an afternoon of reporting this to the Police, who were very good, and being taken back to Antigua in order to complete formalities with the tourist police here. I did take a lot of shots in the police station including shots of a man who had been hit by a car which at least made me feel a little better knowing that I wasn't the worst off on the dreary Saturday afternoon that this all took place. He's clutching the ibuprofen I gave him in the shots of events out of Antigua and it is a long series of shots as far as I've completed to this point though there are some which I think may have some appeal.

I don't know if they're going to be any more original than anything else that I've seen but I did make an attempt at filling the time I had waiting for the tourist police to arrive in Chemaltenango. It seems that there is a likelihood that there will be something original in there though only because there are over 100 shots included. Again, tomorrow, I'll attempt to leave Antigua.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will add backlink - bookmark this site? Regards, Reader.