Translate

Sunday 8 June 2008

The Goodies - should El Salvador have their own version?


I don't know what life is all about but I guess that I can't really say any more than after 50 seconds of the Hancock documentary the expressions followed by I think I'm in love are really just true class. Why do I sit in a hotel room in El Salvador on the wi-fi system feeling more connected to Hall Green, Birmingham watching Hancock than I ever did when I was at home in the UK? Genius is an over-used word but I guess that I can accept it in terms of what Hancock managed to convey on the low quality TV screens that were around back then in the 50's. The style of acting may well have been limited by the media that was available then, and he was no Marlon Brando, but he did manage to achieve quite a significant breakthrough. The style of acting was really dedicated to the small screen and it did hit home across Britain.

Maybe I've been watching too much of the Goodies online recently, a sad reflection of the life I've led but the Stone Age part one, part two and part three are all worth taking a look at provided that you're not working.

Maybe I am a bum and I can't do very much about it but at least I admit it. By the way the first thing the girl pictured said to me is 'why are you watching Hancock and the Goodies while you're in El Salvador you sad git?' - what does she know, eh?

No comments: