Translate

Sunday 22 June 2008

Two fun dives near Rocky Point

I was up at about 6.30am this morning to get the boat across to Rocky Point to make the 'fun dives'. I guess this is the general term that is used to describe any dive which isn't geared towards contributing to a qualification nor employment. The dives were both pretty good. The first did leave me feeling very light headed and rather weak afterwards. The second nearly sent me into a deep sleep but I was brave and headed off to watch the Netherlands lose against Russia which wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

This took most of the afternoon and I headed off to the private beach just past the place where I've been staying. It was a pleasant enough way to hang out and try to take a few shots which I think I've seen somewhere else before but nonetheless my pessimism didn't stop me a great deal this afternoon. The shots are in a photo-essay if I can call it that, on flickr at trawling for girls and seaweed, driftwood and flowers should you be inclined to take a look at what I've done.

The food was good today - I managed to edge slightly outside of my usual budget and it was well worth it. Yesterdays wasn't bad either - lobster pasta for lunch followed by a drunken ramble around the island at night. Today was tuna steak which had been marinated in something local, God knows what, and this evening shrimps in garlic which were delish...

No comments: