Translate

Wednesday 18 June 2008

San Pedro Sula to La Ceiba II

Up early, most likely off to La Ceiba today barring major problems, catastrophes and slow chicken buses. Last night I headed off to get something to eat after consuming a few beers and I didn't have too much of a problem finding a place though it was a little like walking around a rather faceless city dominated by multi-national corporations. I don't know if it was five or six blocks east to the highway and then another three or four to the roundabout where there were a couple of 24 hour petrol stations that served food into the small hours but it was not that pleasant a walk. I guess that only mad people are going to attempt to walk around a city like San Pedro at the time I headed off and I didn't have any problems with drunks or gangs as the images of Central American cities tend to be dominated by.

A couple of pieces of pizza and two pieces of chicken later, kentucky style fried chicken seems to be available almost everywhere in Central America, I was snoozing away in a rather humid dorm with a fan covering all background noise made elsewhere in the hostel. I had a decent nights sleep though I don't think that I got more than about five hours or so unbroken sleep so will probably drouse away on the chicken buses on the way to La Ceiba before getting the ferry across to Roatan where I hope to do some diving.

Don't know how the connections will go nor how the museums and the cathedral will be in San Pedro before getting the bus later this morning. All will be revealed as I wonder what I'm doing in a place like this.....

No comments: