Translate

Saturday 7 June 2008

Lazing in Juayua.

Hi, not doing much, just lazing around watching some footy (Euro 2008). I have just managed to get some shots online from the road to Guatemala City and I'm relatively pleased with what's on there. It's not great quality but generally it's worth checking out. Some de ja vu about what has gone on and the shots do look very familiar as always.

Juayua is a pretty relaxed place. I did wonder what was going on last night as market stalls were being assembled and the place was like a ghost town. I had a British moment last night and drank a little too much and went out looking for a kebab having then only to be satisfied with some nachos. I then wake up this morning and the place is alive, vibrant and full of shoppers and traders. The town's square is full of the smells of frying and barbequeing of the local produce and the locals sit together with wild salsa type beats being played in the background. It's quite nice to see how things are done in this country. It's not the most enthralling of events that I've seen but what's important I guess is seeing how things are done in a small town in El Salvador (the population here apparently is about 30 000).

The shots of the dream scene is kind of complete having been worked on just a little today, the hotels wi-fi code was a bit of mystery last night but they've now connected me. The place I'm in is quite cheap. I've just ordered a hamburger with fries and a drink for $2.00US, about a pound and the coffee here is $0.30 which is about 15p and considering it's the best coffee I've had in Central America it is quite cheap for a cup. I presume all the blenders of coffee know what they're doing in this country.

Last thing this evening I added on culinary fair onto flickr. It's a little bit dubious as there are images of young women in amongst the shots that are included in the photoessay if I can call it that. It's meant to provoke an emotional response and I don't know if it will - enjoy, if you can.

No comments: