Translate

Thursday 5 June 2008

Fuentes Georginas & Zunil.

I was half expecting decent scenery in the area of Zunil which is about an hour away from Xela, (Xela pronounced Shay-Lay) and was pleasantly surprised - not only with the quality of the scenery but also the fact that I had seen it before elsewhere at SBPS, almost certainly amongst the work of Peter.

I found the area around the springs I was visiting to be reminiscent of the visits I made to the allotment off Fox Hollies Road in Acocks Green when my dad had an allotment there in the 1970s. There was a very healthy feel to the sodden earth which appeared as far as I could see to be fertilized organically. The crops appeared to be plentiful as I descended the hillside towards the town, Zenil, after taking a dip in the hot springs.

The springs themselves, Fuentes Georginas, were as pleasant as you'd imagine. The water was hot but not as hot as a bath, the pools were of different temperature so you could switch around if you found one pool too hot or too cold. The shots of Fuentes Georginas and Zunil are passable but lacking in originality as far as I'm concerned. The dream scene, a place I stated I had at least one dream about may be worth checking out.

If you're unsure about what the scenery is like up close in Guatemala, I for whatever reason would say that I found it a lot like the Dingles off Cole Valley Road. Maybe we could fake some shots of Guatemala there on my return. Does anyone know any people who look central American?

No comments: